45th Annual SPBGMA
Bluegrass Music Awards & 36th National Convention
& Band Championship
Sheraton Music City Hotel, Nashville, TN
February 1-3, 2019
Showcase of Bands • Workshops • Promoters and Talent Buyers
Agencies • Record Companies • Trade Exhibits
July 09, 2018
Sept. 23, 2018
July 09, 2018
International Band Registration Agreement Download Form
August 09, 2017
McGavock's Ballroom Exhibitors Form Download Form
Sept. 05, 2015
Bluegrass Band Competition General Rules & Regulations Download
Aug. 03, 2015
SPBGMA's Definitions and By-Laws Download
Feb 02, 2018
SPBGMA's IBC FAQ Download
Nov 15, 2012
International Association of Judges Bluegrass Band Competition Score Sheet Download
Nov 01, 2013
INTERNATIONAL BAND CONTEST (IBC)
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FAQ
1. All paid band members are issued an arm band that serves as the ticket into all shows and the contest regardless of performance results in the contest. This arm band must remain on at ALL times. If lost or removed the entrance fee must be paid again. Any family members or friends not performing in the contest band will need to purchase regular show tickets.
2. If possible bands should check in at the SPBGMA ticket office on Friday beginning at 3pm until 10pm. Arm bands may be obtained at that time. Arm bands will be put on by SPBGMA personnel. If not able to check in at that time please check in Saturday morning beginning at 7:30am SHARP.
3. Band Contest meeting starts at 8:00am SHARP Saturday morning. Attendance will be called, an information meeting with Q & A will take place in the conference room, and performance position will be drawn for. It is not necessary for all band members to be present at the 8am meeting although it is SUGGESTED for all members to be ready in case the band draws the 1st performing position. The contest starts at 9 am SHARP!
4. Warm-up (practice) rooms will be provided behind stage and are assigned based on the performing position number drawn. How the rooms “flow” will be explained in the meeting.
5. Attendance, information meeting, and performance position draw will occur 1 hour prior to each of the 3 rounds of the contest. Warm-up rooms will be provided for each round as well.
6. Contest scores will be posted shortly after the 1st and 2nd rounds are finished. A red line will note the cut off for qualification into the next round. The 3rd and final round scores will NOT be posted until the award presentation is made on stage in the Plantation Ballroom Sunday afternoon. We do ask if possible that all band members be in the ballroom for the presentation of prize money and pictures.
7. Round 1 and Round 2 are 2 songs and Round 3 is 3 songs.
Download Printable IBC FAQ
Nov 15, 2012
Sheraton Music City Hotel, Nashville, TN. From Opryland Hotel South on Briley Parkway to Elmhill Pike East to McGavock Pike, turn right 3 blocks on the left at top of hill.
P.O. Box 271, Kirksville, MO 63501